Thursday, August 7, 2008
This vegetarian summertime special is quick and easy to prepare and its fruit and vegetable ingredients create an exotic impression. Recipe serves 4.
1 large pineapple
11 ounces (300 g) cottage cheese
1 large carrot
2 celery stalks, diced
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons pine kernels
Salt and ground black pepper
Mint sprigs, to garnish
For the Dressing:
4 tablespoons salad oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1. Cut the pineapple into quarters lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Remove and discard the hard center core and dice half the flesh. Pat the pineapple shells dry.
2. Drain the cottage cheese. Coarsely grate the carrot and mix with the diced pineapple, cottage cheese, celery, raisins, pumpkin seeds and pine kernels. Season.
3. Divide and put the mixture onto the 4 pineapple shells. Using 2 palette knives, shape into wedges.
4. Liquidize and sieve the remaining pineapple flesh. Combine the pineapple juice with the oil and vinegar and whisk well.
5. Divide the dressing equally between 4 chilled plates. Put a pineapple boat on each plate on top of the dressing and garnish individually with sprigs of fresh mint.
Tip: Try adding 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint to the pineapple dressing for extra color and flavor.